Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Slave Leia Cosplay tutorial Part 5

So here is the final part of the tutorial. For me I didn't do the boots as I couldn't find any and I figured that I would get to those later. I will probably use the same door tubing stuff for the boots though. Anyway the collar, what you will need.

- A dog collar (old or new)
- A thicker, wider hairband
- Four golden metal loops
- two different types of key chain rings
- Yard (or however long) golden chain
- Gold paint
- Paint brushes
- Hot glue

So I started out going out and getting a hair band, I found a pack of two at the dollar store. I then grabbed an old dog collar we had laying around and cut it so it laid in a nice long strip. I then hot glued the dog collar to the hairband, cutting off the extra dog collar at each end of the hairband. I then painted the dog collar side of the hairband gold.

I found packages of two golden loops at Joann's Fabric/Craft store and got glued them to the collar as the loops are in the movie. Here is another time that a reference pic works wonders. After gluing I set aside the collar part and moved on to the chain part. I went down to my local hardware store and bought a yard of golden chain, you can get as little or as much as you want. Now early in the tutorial I mentioned getting those hooks at the end of lanyards, well I got a bag of random key chain end things at Wal-Mart and I figured out a way to fashion the other types of key chains to conect my chain to my collar. I used two different kinds of key rings, so it will connect to the collar like a key ring. Here is a picture of what mine look like just in case I make no sense :)






So yeah there is the collar, I hope it works out for you as well as it worked for me. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

1 comment:

  1. do you have a photo of the final finished product all together

    ReplyDelete