Thursday, May 26, 2011

Slave Leia Cosplay tutorial Part 3

So this post is going to be all about finishing the bra.

What you need:

- Clothes line (as small as you can find it, I believe I used 3/4 but don't quote me on that)
- Jewelry hooks (the kind you may find on the end of lanyards)
- Duct tape
- Painting tape (optional)
- White Paint (acrylic would be fine)
- Same Gold paint as before
- Black Spray Paint
- Paint Brush
- Newspaper

So this next part was the hardest part for me to do, was a lot of lubing involved, no joke. So The bottom most tubing on the bra, which I stated wraps around you, the clothes line has to be fed through either the top tube or bottom which ever works better. It just is really hard to do and will take a while don't get frustrated just find a way and slowly but surly get it threw. You have to thread enough threw to cross over your back and to the plastic circles in the front. The left cloths line sticking out (when looking at it) should connect to the right plastic loop as the right should go to the left so it criss-crosses on your back. Make sure to leave enough of the clothes line so you can feed it through the jewelry hooks (one on either end) this will make getting in and out of the costume easier. after threading it threw the hook fold it back on itself and duct tape it so it stays.

Now its time to paint it, I took painting tape and literally put tape all over the fabric so that while I was painting the tubing I wouldn't get white or gold on it. First paint the gold with the white paint, this will give you a base to start out with. One or two coats should do it. Then start with the gold, mine because it was fabric paint took a fair amount of coats, not sure how many, I lost count. All I know is that I painted it and let it dry all the way threw the movie Tangled. Once you have that painted you will need to find some newspaper, cover and seal the bra part in a nice protective cover of newspaper leaving the clothes line hang out. You will be spray painting the line (you don't have to, the only line I could find was green and I didn't like it so, its up to you). I did a nice coat let it dry over night and BAM bra done!

Here's what it should look like so far (mine in the picture had not yet got the bottom painted yet nor the line but you should get the picture)


So for the crappy quality of the photo, my camera was and still is dying.

Tomorrow we will start on the accessories!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment